You are hereLinks
Below are assorted documents that the LigerBots found helpful. They include a promo packet, a small tri-fold for handing out at events, logos, and an assortment of other stuff.
- FIRST organizes the competition, and ensures that we have places to compete. Read all about it in our About FIRST section.
- Our team Wiki, a collaboration tool which anyone on the team can update. Used during build season to keep tabs on the different component parts.
- Windchill is a very powerful collaboration software owned by PTC. PTC allows all FIRST teams to use Windchill to exchange ideas and design. Using Windchill also helps teams to emulate a the environment of a job.
- FIRST Scholarships
- A PDF list of the FIRST scholarships available for 2012.
- Chief Delphi
- Chief Delphi is a great forum for discussing FIRST - build questions, ideas, the works.
- Online FIRST registration
- Register online with FIRST. This needs to be filled out in order to attend any of the competitions.
- A paper form is still available, but use it only if the online system fails. Note: you must turn in a paper form for each event that you intend to attend.
NPS forms - You must turn these forms into the school before you can go to any of the competitions.
- Parental Consent form - Your parents need to sign this for an extended field trip. Retyped from a somewhat broken PDF transcript.
- Medical Form - Again, parents need to go through and give their signature. This form includes allergies, medicines, and similar things. It must be filled out if you want to go to any of the competitions.
- Carpooling Form - This form allows you to carpool with the team between schools, to and from competitions, and anywhere else that we go.
- Teacher release Form - The half sheet that you need to get signed by all your teachers (North only). The NNHS main office evidently saw a potential for fraud (they wouldn't give me one when I asked), so it's not online. Just get one from a coach.
- CORI Form - Parents must fill this out in order to carpool. Those hosting the Cyber Gnomes will need to fill one out. Give them to the Newton North or Newton South main office in person, and have ID on you when handing it in.
- Tri-fold pamphlet
- The tri-fold contains some basic information about our team and FIRST. It's typically given out at events where not everyone knows what FIRST is. Feel free to copy text out of it, or duplicate the layout.
- Promo packet
- This is a 10-page packet based off of one that the Nutrons put up. It contains more detailed descriptions of who we are and what FIRST is. It's target audience is potential sponsors, rather than casually interested people.
- Judges Packet (14 Mb pdf)
- The judges' packet is a ten-page promotional packet designed with judges in mind. You can download the source here (tarball). It was made with Scribus, which is free, open source, and fairly lightweight.
- Solicitation Letter
- This letter has some basic information about the team, and why stores should donate. Try to print off the team stationary first, then print this on the fresh stationary.
- Meet the Robots Flyer
- This is a simple flyer to inform the general populace that Meet the Robot is coming up, and that it'll be pretty cool and they should go. Hand this out as you solicit local buisinesses - see if they're willing to post it in a window.
- Button (png)
- Our fantastic button design, in all its glory! (Created by Evan Nitkin in Paint.net).
- Our stationary. With colorful tie-die on top and our team name and number. Sponsors are directly underneath. Print one! Print a dozen! Give them to your friends!
- Updatable stationery (DOC format)
- Our team font. Its actual name is Slant. You can download it here.
Anyone is free to use or modify anything listed above. If you create any interesting projects from our materials, let us know! (email email@example.com)